Air compressor question

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air compressor question
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:14:06 -0500
Hey List,

My neighbor who has moved to a senior citizen facility has given me his air
compressor. It is a Kellogg American 1 1/2 H.P. 220 volt single phase,  with
a two stage pump and sixty gallon tank.  It's an old thumper, but it runs
just fine. I am now tending to some old wiring and a tank drain. I will then
  install it under the back steps in an enclosed area and pipe a line into
the garage. That way I'll have air for my tires and the availability of air
tools to work on my autocross car. (list content)

My question for those of you with a home compressor is what kind of oil do
you use in your compressor pump?

Dedicated air compressor oil?

Regular detergent motor oil?

Non detergent oil?