Re: 131 SS (elise classing)

To: "Team. Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 131 SS (elise classing)
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchelltx@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:03:12 -0500
Randy Chase wrote:

> We did a day of testing last week and the Hoosiers fit and work
fine.

That's good to hear. The Elise appears to have an advantage over
the C6 Corvette in that regard (at least until Hoosier comes out
with 19" sizes).
;<)

> This car will not be winning
> SS out of the box.

That's not too big a surprise to me. How much improvement do you
think you'll be able to find with changes to front bar, shocks,
and alignment, lighter exhaust, etc.? There's got to be some
additional time there.

> We were a second behind nationally prepped Z-06s.

In a bone-stock car (tires only, right?), that seems pretty good
to me.

Jay