Re: 1972 BMW 2002 Classing

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>,
Subject: Re: 1972 BMW 2002 Classing
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 18:05:07 -0700
> One would think in an "unlimited" category that it would be legal.

Name is kinda unfortunate.  Blame Howard.  :)

I hope the class takes off, I know adding classes is controversial, but I've
really enjoyed my co-drives in STX and STS the last two years.  And damn
ST's are cheap in comparison to say anything else but F125.  I don't have a
problem with 4 or even 5 ST classes.  We can continue that portion of the
discussion in October.

Oh yeah....   The other thing that burns me about STU besides my beloved
SRT-4 being classed there instead of STX.....

STS---.791 pax
STX---.795 pax
STU---.827 pax

HUH???

So, the class killers are STi's and Evo8's?  More mods in ESP and 285
Hoosiers?  In STU less mods and 245 Azenis or MX's?  ESP---.824 pax????   I
think the STU Pax is simply designed to wreck my ego in our Cal Club indexed
results.  I know I know...  The AS pax is even higher than ESP.  But man did
Rick go conservative with STU.  I'm not sure .807 is that fair much less
.827.  Right now nobody in STX or STU can comfortably say they aren't in any
way afraid of the fastest STS Honda's showing up.  If the PAX had been .799
the first year would anybody have looked crossed eyed at it based on STS?
Light wins in autocross.  But when you're talking street tires its even more
important.

Okay time to stop rambling and take my meds....

-STE