Re: [evolution-disc.] Making laser reflectors...

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Making laser reflectors...
From: Travis Dixon <travisd@tubas.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:21:09 -0400 (EDT)
I'm in the process of refurbing our JAC laser heads as well - let me know what
you find out.

One thing that comes to mind for me though - I would not be inclined to make
the heads
and reflectors any bigger, unless you can seriously make them more rigid. As it
is now
when they start to get lose, the wind becomes an issue. I guess if they were
larger
it wouldn't be a problem, but you never know.

One thing I've seen suggesed to to make a "backboard" out of the reflective
material they use for road signs that you can use just for alignment purposes.

Do you have the laser heads too? Our big problem seems to be people picking
them up by
the head (well, and sliding a car into them) which deforms the springs that
make the micro
adjusters work. This also leads to losing the ball-bearing pivot point.