Re: U/B in ST

To: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: U/B in ST
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchelltx@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:34:46 -0500
Dave Hardy wrote:

>I have asked the SEB to clarify it in the rulebook.  Twice.

I've asked for clarification from the SEB as well, although my
second request relates more to the February Fastrack Technical
Bulletin than to U/B in general.

>Except for the most specific of
>questions, a clarification to a single competitor is useless to
the rest of
>the people who read the rule the same way.

We're in agreement there. It would be very easy to state
catgeorically whether welded-on parts are allowed for U/B, but no
such statement has been put in the rulebook.

FWIW, it is my impression that you asked directly about the
sunroof U/B and were told "no" by the SEB. Am I correct in that
impression?

Jay