Re: Fiero upgrade, and autocross?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fiero upgrade, and autocross?
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 21:13:08 -0400
Check with the 911 guys who had the timing tensioners that WOULD
fail (using OEM parts). Very expensive repair (probably more than
a Fiero is worth) when they did let go (valve vs. piston). The
only choice was for the tensioners to be replaced on a regular
basis. Mike Piera argued this for many years for his '72 911T (or
was it an "S"?). Not that many early seventies 911s then or now
in Solo 2 stock configuration.

Matt Murray