Re: Clear adhesive paint protecting vinyl

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clear adhesive paint protecting vinyl
From: William Loring <bloring@tirerack.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 15:43:48 -0500
Just as an update, I got lots of replies on this request, so I thought I'd
pass on what I learned:

http://www.maggiems.com/edgetape.htm
This stuff is "Helicopter Tape" or "Leading Edge Tape". I'm told it's not
the same as the 3M Paint Protection Film, and may not be easy to remove.
It's not too bad, expense-wise.

http://www.xpel.com/
These guys use the 3M stuff, and make custom kits for many different cars.
Very thorough, nice website, lots of tips, installation instructions, FAQs
and more. Expensive. You can buy narrow strip material (2-4" wide) by the
foot.

http://www.stongard.com/
Also use 3M, and are very proud of their quality and attention to detail.
They tell you up front that they're more expensive than the other guys.

www.invinca-shield.com
Yet another cutter of the 3M material. Website isn't as pretty, but they
seem to cover the same ground as the others above.

Other suggestions included:

Local window tinting stores

Body shop supply stores

Griot's Garage http://www.griotsgarage.com/

Plane maintenance facilities

So, thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Regards,

William Loring
2000 Celica GT, GS