Re: Mazda Rev It Up...

To: "The Fine's" <webefine@qcol.net>
Subject: Re: Mazda Rev It Up...
From: washburn@dwave.net
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:44:07 -0500 (CDT)
I think maybe you are thinking a little outside the box. :) They are
awarding a winner to a person at each city anyway...I can't think of a
reason why they would need to dummy up the results.  For what purpose?

As to why Jason is not getting beaten...number one, he is no slouch.
Number two, and even bigger, is while we get two shots never even having
walked the course, he has all weekend to get it right.  Long odds...even
for the Daddio's of our world.  I personally got to within 4 tenths of him
(with a cone....dammit!) When I got out of the car, I was happily met by
many of the driver staff...I got the feeling that they would think it
would be great if you beat him.  He is of course beatable in a fair fight
by many autocrossers, but this ain't a fair fight is it?

The other thing I noticed was some of the big names down on the results
list who are exceptional in their car, but didn't seem to adapt so quickly
to this strange car.  Just an observation.