Re: Prepared protests - wheel base

Subject: Re: Prepared protests - wheel base
From: "David W. James" <vnend@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:30:59 -0500
On Feb 26, 2004, at 8:18 PM, Don Kline wrote:
> Since all that is "required" is the "factory documentation" I would
> hazard that most can afford it, especially at the national level of
> event competition.  In the day of people spending $4000 on shocks for
> a "stock" class car I cannot fathom a reason the same competitor would
> be able to justify not having the documentation need by the rulebook.

"... if available to the consumer by the manufacturer."  BMW, just to
name one, doesn't sell the factory manual (which is actually a set of
CDs) to just anyone.  And only to shops after a stink was made a few
years back (IIRC).

That's why the documentation I keep with the car includes a letter from
the Parts Manager of the local BMW dealer saying factory doesn't make
one available for me to purchase.

David