The death of prepared?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: The death of prepared?
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:01:08 -0600
Now we will have to buy Injection, expensive 17+ inch wheels, re-do
suspensions and gearing for DOT tires AND for some really silly &
unexplained reason have a shop manual?

1. Injection, well heck that's the way the world is moving maybe we
shouldn't stand in the way. Most of us would have done it eventually
anyway.

2. Unlimited wheels with DOT tires. Why? So the ESP cars can come beat
the CP cars without having to make any effort? Was there anybody that
drives a P car on the committee that dreamed this one up or was it just
SP drivers? Did it occur to anybody that many Prepared cars have custom
gears to play nice with a specific set of tires.

3. Have a shop manual? That just cute, a shop manual for a low
production decades old car, a car that has VERY few stock parts. It's
the april FasTrack so maybe it's an April Fools Joke.

Maybe these ideas all have good reasons behind them, but please let us
know why it needs to be done before asking the effected competitors for
comment.

In summary it seems to me the idea of keeping the jump from SP to P
modestly priced makes a lot of sense, but please let's not do this by
making it MORE expensive for the P cars just to stay where they
originally were, and cheap for SP cars to move to Prepared.

#72 FP