RE: [evolution-disc.] regulating boost limits in SP, let's

To: "'Cheryl and Jim Fossum'" <fossum@charter.net>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] regulating boost limits in SP, let's
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:54:54 -0600
<<
Sam,
14.10.C say (in part) "No changes are allowed to waste gates, pressure
sensors or their location, and to other turbocharger or supercharger
boost limiting system."  and also "...any modifications which alter or
defeat the fuel cutoff when it is activated by boost level, are not
permitted."  I can't find the reference, but I believe there is also a
statement to the effect that unauthorized parts may not be used even if
set to the stardard settings.

Yes, but in the situation Sam describes there wouldn't be anyway to tell
unless each manufacturer let us know exactly what version should be on
the ECU. And we all know that's not going to happen. Heck, my MazdaSpeed
Protigi is on it's third ECU flash.

Topics like this make F Prepared so relaxing.