Re: [evolution-disc.] Please comment on the August Fastrack

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Please comment on the August Fastrack
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:04:57 -0700
Excuse me for jumping into something that is not my fight but could
someone explain to me why this is such a big issue? We have had
update/backdate in SP for years without the world melting down, why is
it such a big deal in ST? Looks to me like Kevin and Katie built the
first car that really takes advantage of the rulebook, that's all. It's
not like there aren't other, yet untried, combinations that wouldn't be
as fast or faster than the "killer lightweight" beige Civic. Heck I see
many, many possibilities for faster cars out there.

Also if the particular ud/bd that they took advantage of is so unfair
then IMHO it should also be unfair in SP (and if it isn't unfair their
then I'd like a good explanation of why) so it seems to me that you
simply have to split the '89 Si off into a separate line from the later
models, end of problem.

Thanks,

- Alan Dahl