Re: Vehicle Identification Proposal

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vehicle Identification Proposal
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:40:47 -0500
I've also got to weigh in on this.  I use a number panel on my red car.  The
panel back ground is white, with a .25" black border.  This makes the
numbers on the panel black on white.  It meets the current rules for stroke
and height and is very legible being one can't get any more contrast from
two colors.

Now here's the part I have a problem with...  The black border at the bottom
of the panel makes a big rectangle.  Inside that rectangle, the letters STS
are cut out, with white showing through.  In other words, my numbers are
black on white and the class is white on black.  Still extremely legible.
Would be impossible to mistake class for numbers.

I don't really want to make another new set of numbers.

-A.