RE: turbos ?

To: "'Peter T. Fehn'" <pfehn@airmail.net>,
Subject: RE: turbos ?
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:28:37 -0600
Ahh, Dude,
<<
 Admitting Turbos opens the whole damn thing up to "how much do we want
to spend"?

It's already the how much do you want to spend class...

AP stuff is pretty standard as is BP, CP we know can be won on a modest
budget, EP budgets are a well kept secret. But let's think about it,
where do the MOST EXPENSIVE cars (GT2) in club racing go?

FP.

It's the deep end of the pool. Not a rip on you but there's more money
in the engines of the two fastest 914/6's in FP than you've spent on
your car. A set of standard aftermarket pistons is $1500 a pop without
rings or pins for god's sake. (and they aren't using standard
aftermarket pistons.) And that doesn't pay for the cylinders which come
with pistons nobody would want. Another $2500.

People live in homes that cost less than some of the FP trophy winning
motors.

If somebody wants to spend a bucket of money to beat Greg who are we to
argue?

My Guess is we'll not see a WRX in FP for a few years unless the owner
is a real idiot or has factory money.