Re: Open Trailer suggestions?

Subject: Re: Open Trailer suggestions?
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:16:26 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 GRMPer@aol.com wrote:
> We're looking for a good, dual axle, open trailer to tow various cars
> with....what brands have people had good luck with?  Aluminum?

More info...

Do you care more about price, build quality, weight?

If you care about them in that order, I'd highly recommend an
Econo-Trailer.  I bought one a few years ago for $1600 (I think) and it
was perfect for me.  Only problem I ever had was the normal brake wire
chafing problem.  Thirty minutes and some electrical connectors later, no
issue.

Build quality was average.  The two rail design, vs. a closed deck, gave
us access to work on the car up in the air as well as making it a bit
easier to get stuff tied down.  Also kept the weight down.

The weight was, I think, on the order of 1400 lbs.  Not light compared to
an AL trailer, but pretty good for a steel one.

Mark