Continuing Tow Vehicle Discussion

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Continuing Tow Vehicle Discussion
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 10:46:09 -0500
Uh, I guess I missed the new car intro issues of the car magazines this
fall, so the reference the other day about a new engine to replace the 4.7
i-Force V/8 in the Tundra caught me unawares.

I went to the Toyota USA web site and they still list the 4.7 at "the V/8 du
jour".

So..what's the scoop on this new motor?

I like the GMC pickups for their understated good looks and the fact that GM
has managed to put a four wheel drive system under them that doesn't sit the
truck up in the stratosphere. Yet, even the short beds are big.

The slightly smaller extended cab Tundra, does seem like it might be able to
do everything I'll ever need, (small trailers, rope tows etc.) be easy to
live with as a day to day vehicle, more comfortable than the S-10 or Ranger
and not be a durability risk like a Dakota.

Larry Steckel