RE: Suggestions on a tow vehicle ?

To: "'Mike V Taylor \(Comcast\)'" <mikevtaylor@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Suggestions on a tow vehicle ?
From: "Bruce Haden" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:11:54 -0800
Dodge has just released the Hemi into the 1500 chassis instead of just
the
2500 and up. The 1500 with 2WD has rack and pinion steering and an
independent front suspension. Drive one, and I think you'll like it. For
something you'll be doing more than towing with, I think it's a great
compromise compared to the 1500 HD from GM. I just bought a 5.9 1500
Quad
Cab and love the truck. They hadn't released the Hemi into the 1500 yet
and
I couldn't wait. Damnit.

I just did the same thing. I've had my 2003 1500 Ram Quad Cab for 2-1/2
months and like it a lot. It has the 4.7 V-8 and the 5 speed auto (4th
and
5th are OD). I wanted a 2003 diesel 2500 but they were just coming out
and I
couldn't wait either as all my commuter cars were dying faster than I
could fix them! These trucks handle REALLY nice. Mine has the 20" wheel
package, which helps. The leather steering wheel is to die for. This
truck with a Hemi would rock as a tow vehicle. The cab and door layout
are perfect for most use; plenty roomy, but not as big as a full crew
cab. It is basically a slightly oversize extended cab with "normal"
doors. Mine doubles as the "family" car and does well at that although
Mom and Dad need a little help getting in. They have some real cool
engineering touches also. Side-by-side
radiator and condenser so heat doesn't go from one to the other and the
condenser has it's own fan, forged upper control arms that look like
they came from a Vette, big aluminum front uprights and huge disc
brakes.

For more, good, unbiased Dodge Ram info go to;

                http://www.dodgetrucks.org/forums/index.php

Lots of info there.
*******

Subject: Suggestions on a tow vehicle ?

> Suburban (is the 6.0 big enough?), Chev 1500 HD, Ford F250, maybe new
Dodge