Re: Friendly Compliance Checking Proposal

To: dave@wcsllc.net
Subject: Re: Friendly Compliance Checking Proposal
From: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:15:54 EDT
Dave,
I envision this as being outside of the tech inspectors' arena but rather
someone either from SCCA or their designate (may be several based on the
classes being checked) who is technically familiar with the items to be
checked.  Compliance checks have been done before at impound (after all your
runs) in previous Solo 2 Nationals - I would like it done BEFORE the event so
that the violators can go fix it and have it re-checked.  I consider this
much more friendly than being DQ'ed after my runs.  It also notifies
newcomers that they must be vigilant in ensuring that their cars are legal to
the last detail for the last several years have seen almost no comp-liance
checks at all - the rules are only good when they are enforced.  I strongly
prefer friendly compliance checks rather than emotional protests any time.

Jim