Re: Sound levels (was NASA vs. Pylon) and shop temperatures

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sound levels (was NASA vs. Pylon) and shop temperatures
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:35:04 -0500
From: <Smokerbros@aol.com>
> In a message dated 6/30/02 9:01:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> knuckledragger@kcweb.net writes:
> > Feb 27 - Mid March:  Freeze your butt off installing your new parts in
the
> > garage in anticipation of the autocross season's start date in mid-late
> > March.
>
> Wow, freezing while you work on the car?  Don't you have a carport?
> (Just kidding, I grew up 120 miles North of KC...)

After too many decades of wrenches freezing to my fingers, I finally built a
shop.  Now, regardless of how the winter winds may howl, my toy cars never
drop below 50 degrees.

Of course, one of my buddies was over the other day telling me that my shop
should be cooled in summer, too.  OK, the recent run of hot weather (a
Minnesotan considers it really hot weather when the overnight low does not
go below 80), the shop is sitting at 86 right now, so maybe he is on to
something.  But he works in the shop more than I do this time of year, and
maybe it is worth the all that expensive electricity for him.

Oh, and our season does not start until April.  We still managed a freak
snow-out for our novice school.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org