Re: z-28 to ESP

To: "LJ Boardman" <webdoc@portone.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: z-28 to ESP
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:15:09 -0800
> I don't see how that would be allowed unless it's
> based on Para 13.1.C allowing equipment to be
>exchanged between models form the same tear.

The update/backdate allowance means you can substitute or add a stock part
from another car on the same line as your car's entry in SP classification
guide.  In the case of the SFC's.  The convertible model of your car had
factory SFC's.  You may use those exact stock SFC's on your car even though
yours was not so originally equipted.  That is because the Convertible and
your car exist on the same line in the SP classifications.

> 2. Boxed rear lower control arms - Several people said they were not
> allowed.  Reading the rules did not help.  I assume it falls under the "if
> not mentioned - not allowed" clauses.

I'm guessing your confusion gets into a murky portion of the SP rules were a
lot of games are being played.  SP now allows you to add Torque arms or
Traction bars.  Some people are taking this beyond the spirit of the rules
(but legal as upheld in a protest).  You'll need help from a knowledgeble SP
person for an explanation of what's going on there.  But as I still read the
rules you can't modify or change the stock control arms except under
possible update/backdate allowances.