Re: Let's Talk about car Magazines!

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Let's Talk about car Magazines!
From: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:22:21 -0500
Here's something interesting that I stumbled on. I buy MotorTrend at the
newstand on occasion, although I consider the worst of the big 4 (CD RT MT
and Automobile). I have grown to particularly dislike C Van Tune's
editorials and I dislike his persona on the MotorTrend TV show.

When I didn't see an editorial by him in the latest edition I went to the
masthead to see what was up. Low and behold, the new editor-in-chief is none
other than David E. Davis (previously held top spot for CD and Automobile).

While I enjoy Mr Davis' writing, I can't help but wonder where descenting
opinions might come from. The mainstream automotive press has become way too
monolithic and kow-tows too frequently to the auto manufacturers. All
IMNSHO, of course :-}

Regards,
Alan Pozner