Re: Atlanta Kart Tracks?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Atlanta Kart Tracks?
From: Russ McBride <RussMcB@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 09:02:28 -0500
Paul, there are two indoor karting tracks that I am aware of.  Both are
north-northeast of Atlanta, outside of the I-285 perimeter highway.

Andretti Speed Labs is in Alpharetta.  It is a nice place, a bit expensive.
Has a
bar and a pretty big arcade.

Goldspeed Indoor Karting is further away (5 miles northwest of Road Atlanta).
It
is larger than Andretti, cheaper, but not near as nice "atmosphere" if that is
important to you.  If you tell them you are an SCCA member you get a discount.

Both tracks are around 30 seconds per lap, but Goldspeed's track is bigger and
the
karts are a little faster.  Both tracks are pretty fun.

Let me know when/if you decide to go.  I might join you if I'm free and itchin
drive.

There are also two outdoor Malibu Speed Zones if the weather is good.  The one
in
Kennesaw (up I-75) is better than the one up I-85, IMO.

   Russ McBride
   Marietta, GA