Re: 2 pump jack

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2 pump jack
From: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:19:58 -0500
Nah - I have that one, or its close cousin.  And I paid $30 or so.  One
pump lifts the arm to the bottom of the car, regardless of of high it is.
But then you have to pump normally to actually lift.  A great convenience,
but certainly not three pumps to change wheels.  And the clearance is about
the same as my big, heavy shop jack.  Not great, but not bad.  Certainly
has trouble fitting under the Bimmer in many places.

Chris Eckles
Atlanta
Blue M Coupe

Now I recall seeing this jack. It looked like your typical $30 jack at
those
stores but it had a 2 stage feature that got the lift pad up to the car
quickly. I think it's lowest height is too high for many race cars.
Bruce