Re: On Speedvision Right Now, Boat Autocrossing

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: On Speedvision Right Now, Boat Autocrossing
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 14:03:09 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, John Lieberman wrote:
> So I side with those who say that the best entry point to get autox on
> TV would be ProSolo.  However, I would go a step further and suggest
> that such coverage should only focus on the handicap challenge and that
> it be geared, primarily, toward the Prepared and Modified classes.
> Those cars, as a general rule, are more "unusual" (going back to the
> original theme of this post) in their appearance and their performance
> level as well as being more prone to getting out-of-shape while on
> course.

I'd agree with that, if I cared a lot about getting autox on tv, but the
problem is that by and large Prepared and Mod guys don't run Pros.

The reasons for this mystify me, as I find Pro's to be the best type of
autox available, but there it is.

Perhaps there should be start money for Prepared folks... :-)

Mark