re: paying audience

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: paying audience
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 18:05:46 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, David Hillman wrote:
>    You mean people just show up and watch?  With no high-tech, expensive
> video presentation?  With no live scoring and telemetry?  Even without a
> thorough and complete understanding of the rules?

:-)

Yeah, it seems strange to me that everyone is talking about getting autox
on tv when you could easily just promote it as an activity for specators
to come out and watch.  Given that's how NASCAR and drag racing started
(and continue to run at the grassroots / semi-pro level), you'd think
people would be interested in following that avenue.

Mark