Re:Jr. Cart rules

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Jr. Cart rules
From: Greg72ES@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 22:56:14 EST
WKA rules cannot be found online, however the class structures for 2002 and
the order form for the rules can be had at:
http://www.worldkarting.com/

As for the "Spec Formula Junior"  We all know it as the current 5hp Briggs
rules in force.

This is taken from an e-mail from Howard Duncan regarding Karts

SUBJECT: Spec Formula Junior

In order to minimize the confusion that has sometimes occurred
at National Solo events in the past, we are going to be adding
the language below to our National Supplemental Regulations
regarding Formula Junior and Spec Formula Junior.

The Cal Club Region has been one of the participants in the
Junior Driver Program since its inception, so I thought this would
be of interest and possibly of some value to your program.
Obviously, we would like to be sure as much as possible that all
of the key Regions in the Junior Driver program are operating
similarly in order to better allow cross participation.

The definitions we will use are as follows:

Spec Formula Junior:
     Allowed racing karts using a stock Briggs & Stratton 5 hp,
     4 cycle engine running on gasoline.

Formula Junior:
     All other WKA/IKF recognized karts for drivers 8-15 years
     old. This includes the various 4 cycle engines running on
     methanol and the various 2 cycle engines, such as the
     Yamaha KT 100.

He also clarified...

For Spec FJ, we have never required a restrictor plate, regardless of age.
The "restrictor" is the stock configuration and that it runs on gas.

Greg Stephenson
--------