Re: Mental Block

To: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Mental Block
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 06:54:25 -0600
Folks in my neighborhood would say the real question is why you live
where it snows in the first place (Expressed as, "What's a snow
tahr?")    ;^)

Your short-legged car is taking more steps per mile than it says it is,
so the answer is lower.  (It says it's run a mile, but it hasn't, yet.)

OTOH, there's no guarantee that your odo is off by the same percentage
as the speedo. . .

You may want to compare your odometer to measured mile(s) and see if
that's off by 15%, too.

Lots of folks used to complain about poorer gas mileage in the winter
when I lived in NY.  I just figured that was the cost of letting the car
warm up while I scraped the windows and swept the snow off the roof so I
wouldn't go blind the first time I stepped on the brakes. . .

There's not much snow, here, but the high humidity makes the morning
frost a lot thicker and harder to scrape off, sometimes.

Chuck

P.S.  If you use gas that's 15% cheaper, everything will come out even.
. .