Re: After fitst time aotuX. Some feedback

To: "!Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: After fitst time aotuX. Some feedback
From: "Will Kalman" <will@kalman.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:54:48 -0700
I speak from experience when I say the Nittos have No Traction (maybe that's
what the N.T. stands for).  I had a set that I'd bought before I discovered
autocrossing and was really disappointed that my "Extreme Performance" tires
were so poor.  But I also realized that my driving was just as bad and I
resigned myself to using them to learn on.  It turned out to be a good
decision as the tires lasted 40,000 miles of everyday driving, 100 miles of
road course track day, and 9 months of ugly newbie autocrossing.  By then I
got alot of driving figured out, I was better able to use the abilities of
my new, stickier tires.

I must say, tho, the Nittos rode pretty well and had excellent response.
Not a bad street tire if absolute grip isn't a priority.

I ran 38F/33R with 205/50-16 on 16x7 wheels with Street Touring mods (modest
springs, bars, struts).  I think you may be overdriving them to get them to
rollover like that.  Remember - slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Will Kalman
'91 Escort GT
CSCC #232 STS