My Pot Stirring

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: My Pot Stirring
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:33:39 -0500
I don't a direct stake in the SP debate, so hey, why not foolishly toss my
very un-popular opinion in the ring.  Being dis-interested makes for a more
neutral opinion IMO.

SP rules need to be re-written to reflect the current state of "street"
cars that are "prepared" by their owners.  Along with this is the
elimination of the class proliferation we have seen in the past couple of
years.  All of these new supplemental classes are temporary patches IMO,
that will evolve into things we wish they hadn't.  They exist because there
is a need to be filled, but SP is "off limits" to change.  They should then
be killed off when SP is re-directed to fill the role they currently
serve.  Street Tires?  Regional class only....there is no place Nationally
for a "Street Tire" class.  I feel that it will quickly become a mockery of
itself, and we will again wish we hadn't gone there.  (Yes, I firmly
believe DG and Roger on this issue.)

Very un-popular thoughts I realize.  People naturally tend to protect the
investments they have made in the past rather than objectively gaze into
the future, so fire up the guns and let me have it. Like I said, I don't
have a direct stake so I won't be offended if you want to flame my idea.
(Flame my idea...not me!)  Also, don't ask me to write the rules.  Seem to
me that people have been writing them for the past two years, but under
different class names.

Fact is that stepping back and looking at the long term best interest of
the club and the sport, allowing our future course to be charted because of
status quo investments is short sighted.  I say make Street Prepared
current to today's needs and dispense with the other "supplemental" classes
created to fill that need.

Patrick (asking for it and stepping back) Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI
www.racecabinet.com