RE: illegalities

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: illegalities
From: "Marc Smith" <marcjs1@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 21:56:33 +0800
This is one thing I love about this genre of autoracing.

We are all very nice, freindly, and honest People.  Something I have not been
able to find in DC yet, as I have not had time to search for the local AX crowd
(something about my wife wanting our house to be more livable before I start
playing, my garage is done...)

When I was In Orlando, I ran my 94 SS Impala.  Yeah I know a lotta car.  I
could have slipped by in stock class.  A few minor mods that helped
performance, no one probaly would have complained, as the 2.5 tons of weight is
enough of a penalty on street tires.  But I'd rather play Fair.  It was no fun
placing 5-6 or lower in the Prepared Class, but I had Fun, Yes I like to win
and I did so in Novice Class a couple times before getting bumped up.

But I was better able to judge my performace by comparing my times against a
more constitent driver, and being classed properly helped.

I never noticed any rule breaking, nor did I ever really look.

Thanks for the great list and great topics.

marc
94 SS
not stock.