Re: suspected illegalities

To: Jay Evans <95redmiata@home.com>
Subject: Re: suspected illegalities
From: "Jay Evans" <95redmiata@home.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 02:59:12 -0400
> You can eliminate the shock allowance, too.  It'll really level the
> playing field when the fat-wallet contingent can run new OEM shocks at
> every major event.

As compaired to having a couple sets of customed valved KONI 28s, or
Penskes?
Like a new set of Hoosiers at $150 -200 a pop  and a second back up set just
in case you flat spot the first?

And for tires, we could just specify a minimum wear
> rating -- oops, since the tire manufacturers can set that to whatever they
> like, maybe that won't work.

Sure, Manufacturer must produce (a guess here) min 50,000 sets per year (US
DOT) for tire to be legal in Stock

> See the problems?

Yea, lots of them

Manufacturer X has Mach 007 this year. Great car for Y/S. But the next year
he brings out Mach 007 Sport. 15HP more, larger sway bars and lower roll
center, shod in wider rims and a more comfortable shift knob . Can I take
the 007 and upgrade it to the 007 sport? Even just the suspension
parts?Nope. If I upgrade the shift knob, I'm illegal.

Jay Evans