NASA/X

To: cashmo@hotmail.com
Subject: NASA/X
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:12:34 -0700 (PDT)
>Andrew, I was thinking about Nasa but apparently they
consider themselves a  Pro org.  It's even in their
web page name.

NASA is an association of clubs. The roadracing group
has the high visibility and they play at the proracing
idea. The autocrossing groups are member club based
and are free to do as they wish. Here in the cradle of
NASA [northern California] we are definitely not a
proracing autocross group and have rejected the offers
from the parent organization when they have been made.
It is my understanding that all of the various NASA
autocross groups around the country operate the same
way. The only attempts at "proautocross" I know of are
SCCA Prosolo and AAX.

=====
Dennis Hale
http://auctions.yahoo.com/