Midwestern Council rules

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Midwestern Council rules
From: "Jeff Cashmore" <cashmo@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:10:30
My realtor says "Location, location, location!"  Madison is competing
against 4 clubs in the Milw/Chicago area, plus the Subaru Cendiv series,
etc. all using SCCA rules.

The courses at MC events I've attended were pretty tight.  12 foot wide
gates and barely getting into 2nd gear were turn offs.  I also vowed not to
return to 151 Speedway after seeing a Mustang hit the outside wall.

Also, the MC car classing is based on high speed/track results.  This makes
for some interesting cars running in the same class at parking lot events.
I remember running in C-Stock in my Mazda Rx7 GSL-SE against a Ford Taurus
(SHO?).  Many of the cars never get to stretch their legs in a parking lot.

Personally, the schedule conflicts are the biggest road block.

Jeff "former Lakeshore Sports Car Club member" Cashmore