Re: FOX CABLE Eyes Speedvision (part two)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FOX CABLE Eyes Speedvision (part two)
From: "Dave Williamson" <ctautox@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:16:50 -0400
Matt Murray writes:

>Through April 1, Fox's NASCAR telecasts averaged a 5.7 Nielsen
>rating, up 23 percent from races that aired on ABC and CBS in 2000.
>Among the various sports properties, its ratings rank second only
>to the National Football League.

While F1, WRC, and SCCA ProRally collectively get a share slightly higher
than XFL. Well, maybe not that bad. Who knows, maybe Fox would spring for
the bucks to get Bernie's fancy digital feed of F1. Of course, we'd need to
have digital TV here, but that's a whole rant I won't start.

>The channel also offers a steady diet of boating and aviation
>programming, such as Ship Shape TV...

Matt's favorite show makes it into the article. -snrk- ;-)

and to later a reply:
>Or Michael (or Ralf) Schumacker drive in IROC?  :^)

You know, if it actually were an *International* Race Of Champions like the
old days. And they used real sports cars like the old days instead of Busch
stock cars (they ran Porsche Carrera RSR's the first year, for Pete's
sake!). And if they raced on road courses as well as ovals, like the old
days. Mark Donohue, Peter Revson, A.J., Graham Hill, Jody Scheckter, Richard
Petty, Hans Stuck, Hurley Haywood. Riverside, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, The Glen.

Sorry, one of my pet peeves.

http://www.irocracing.com

Dave W.