re: "new" scca logo

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: "new" scca logo
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 17:32:06 -0500
> MB Jones <jonesmb@arthem.com> wrote
>

> with all the recent talk about the SCCA logo, I am surprised that nothing
> has been said about the "new" SCCA logo.  I found this at the speedvision
> web site
>
> http://www.speedvision.com/pub/articles/racing/06road/010405a.html
>
> jmb

------------------------------

While checking this site for the logo, I noticed the following statement by
John Davison, News Bureau Editor. RACER and CHAMP CAR:

" The Sports Car Club of America was founded to preserve and maintain classic
sporting cars from the vintage era - -"

Yeah, and that is why the Porsches, 1st and 2nd generation Mazda RX-7's,
Pontiac Fieros, (you could plug in any vehicle over 10 years old here -even
early Corvettes) have fallen prey to the SCCA classing. When was the last time
any of these cars won a National Championship in a stock, or even SP
category?

What Mr.Davison wrote is probably the way it is meant to be in club racing,
but has not been the direction the Solo program has chosen for many years.
They seem to be more inclined to cater to the latest/greatest cars on the
market, and not "classic sporting cars from the vintage era".