Re: Ideal Nationals location?

To: "Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair" <stroyer@micron.com>,
Subject: Re: Ideal Nationals location?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 00:37:02 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair <stroyer@micron.com>
To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Cc: Arthur Emerson <vreihen@hotmail.com>; autox@autox.team.net
<autox@autox.team.net>; stroyer@micron.com <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 11:24 AM

>I think Topeka is already far enough east. I'd hate to see it move
>any further east...Isn't Kansas about as centrally located in the
>US (geographically) as you can get?

Exactly that! The *geographic* center (as opposed to the population center)
of the Lower 48 is near Lebanon in Smith County, Kansas. That's 115 highway
miles NNW of Salina, or 225 highway miles WNW of Topeka.

Which just about puts Topeka midway between the geographic center and the
population center! Can't get much more central than that.

"Kansas -- Equally inconvenient for all."

--Rocket J.