Collected Snippets

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Collected Snippets
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:36:59 -0400
<<<Next thing they'll have is "Sheep Snuff" films.>>>

You mean what's going on in England???

<<<Something else the Supra and the Camaro have in common with each other,
but
not in common with the stuff from Stuttgart, is distinctly nose-heavy
weight distribution. From everything I've read on the Porsches (including
the PCA's own websites) the 944 family came with perfect 50/50 weight
distribution.>>>

It was actually more like 49% / 51% and that of course changed with the 944
Turbo. But it also suffers from a really high polar moment as a result.
There is absolutely nothing magical about the 944 series. It has a fairly
stiff chassis but the suspensiuon is nothing to write home about -
MacPherson struts and trailing arms controlled by torsion bars.

<<<The 944 and 928 are also physically much smaller than either the Supra or
the Camarobird/Mustang. Size matters.>>>

I don't see where you got that. I'd like to see some figures. The '89 944
Turbo is ceartainly no small car at 3000 lbs and the '86-88 non-S is 2900
lbs, but it doesn't have the weight of big honker V8 to carry around. No,
size is not the issue here. We all know what the issue is here. It is
perception by certain people, namely you and Howard, that the 944 Turbo
would scare away the Hondas. The threat to your precious class is all in
your mind

Paul Foster