Magnetic awareds (was: Solo Entry Fees)

To: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>, "Loren Williams"
Subject: Magnetic awareds (was: Solo Entry Fees)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 02:29:53 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Fuhrmann <bfuhrman@isd.net>
To: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>; autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Thursday, December 15, 1994 8:40 PM
Subject: RE: Solo Entry Fees

>> from our trophy medallions to screen-printed trophy magnets.
>> (very cool, in the
>> shape of our region logo, everyone loves them... especially the
>> ones with the
>> big "1" on them)  This cut our event trophy costs in half, plus made the
>> trophies more visible.
>
>Interesting idea.  Do you preprint the classes or events on them?  If not,
>how do you add that information?

Ours (Salina Region) are simple cutouts of a pylon silhouette supplied to us
by Solotime. We went the "county fair motif" -- blue for first, red for 2nd,
white for 3rd and beyond (altho' fairs often do yellow for 4th our need for
going that deep is extremely rare) -- and purple for FTD (best of show :-)

We just use a big transfer-type number on each, so there is a "1" on the
blues, etc. And Jo Richards, who handles it for us, goes off into her pickup
and handwrites the event date on the bottom of that day's awards while we're
doing fun runs. That's all there is to it. Our region name is not on them.
Wichita actually goes us one better by printing their Region logo on theirs,
but in place of the witch flying across the moon they letter "1st place"
there.

They're quick, they're cheap, they're fun.

Then we back ours up with our "Year at a glance" award -- a single plaque
listing all your trophy-winning finishes during the year. Those are given at
the banquet and mailed to those not attending. That's the more permanent
memento to hang on the wall, but it is only one piece -- 5x7 for all those
who earned 2 or more awards, those who just got one get a 4x6 plaque --
which is still a LOT cheaper than full-bore awards at every event.

>Unfortunately, I couldn't display them on my plastic car.  Even more
>unfortunately, my driving would prevent me from having them.

For the steel-impaired, you could always pop-rivet a steel plate to your
door or dash.  :-)

--Rocky Entriken