Re: rules question

To: "eric salem" <ebsalem@radiks.net>,
Subject: Re: rules question
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:54:52 -0600
First of all (IMHO) you are looking at apples and oranges. Second, you're
only concerned about the orange and it's legal to peel that. Have at it.
(IMHO again)

14.1.E has to do with the heater system as in the components that make your
toes toasty warm. You can't modify it when you legally undo the A/C.

14.10.H has to do with the exhaust system. Now, not being an expert on
air-cooled cars, I'm not sure if a heater box on such a car also is part of
what toasts your toes, but it is specifically allowed on your rear-engined
car to be removed to install your headers.

And as an aside, no, italics do not trump regular text. Italics only say
"this wording is new this year." It may not be, in whole, a new rule, as I
remember a Stock class Beetle with a header getting the hairy eyeball many
many years ago, and we finding it was legal because only cars with heater
boxes had the allowance to install a header. The rest of us in that Stock
class had to run stock manifolds. (And the Beetle, well prepared and driven,
kicked our butts too!).

--Rocky Entriken