rules question

To: "Team.net Autocross List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: rules question
From: "eric salem" <ebsalem@radiks.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 01:18:39 -0600
>From looking at the 2000 National Solo Rules:

On page 96, section 14.1.e "This rule should not be interpreted to allow
modification of the heater system."

On page 107, section 14.10.H -- in italics -- "this permits the removal of
'heater boxes' in order to install headers on such cars." Which would render
the heater system useless.

Do italics over-rule regular text?

My interest is that the heat exchangers, AKA heater boxes, on my 911 are
rusted out and headers are much cheaper than a new OEM set of heat
exchangers. Given the cam, head and pistons the power isn't a big change
either way.

It would be nice to be legal for my first SoloTime event. . .

thanks,
'72 911