Re: Maserati but not Porsche ( was re: SM Inclusion List )

To: hillman@planet-torque.com, ax-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maserati but not Porsche ( was re: SM Inclusion List )
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 13:20:41 EST
In a message dated 12/9/00 8:25:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hillman@planet-torque.com writes:

>    So lemme get this straight; Paul's 944 isn't allowed in SM because the
> 'Porsche' name will scare off kids in Hondas... but Maserati's are fine?
>
>    ( Yes, I realize how heavy they are, I'm talking *perception*, which is
> the apparent excuse for excluding the Porsches. )

1) Most of those kids don't even know the name Maserati, much less have ever
seen a "real" Maserati.

2)  I'm assuming they'd have to actually be at an event in order to not
return because they were beaten by some feared marque.  Have you ever seen a
Biturbo?  Not exactly an autocross vehicle that inspires fear...

CHD