510s and 210s, etc in SM

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 510s and 210s, etc in SM
From: Priebe17@gateway.net
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 20:09:09 EST
Back in my younger years when I use to hang at the street races, I bet none
of you imagined that, or better yet did that yourself!! :-)

The meanest car that ever showed up was a Mazda GLC.  It had some rotary
motor in it.  No head lights, no interior, windows, etc.  Oh and some little
Hooiser cheater slicks.

basically this group of six guys waited in line, pushed the car up, and got
to the start line.  Once they were there, they got everybody wound up by
saying they will beat anything out there.  No one had seen the piece, let
alone heard it fire up.

Needless to say a race/street Ninja pulled up and fed right into the bs.
What I will never forget is standing right behind the GLC, and seeing the
shift light come on around 7500 rpm, for staging.  That is when I decided
standing behind the car was not a smart idea!!  That hunk of *&%#, out
launched and pulled the bike.  Every gear shift you would see the opposite
door!!

I still could not imagine what was going through the guys mind on the bike!!!
 He did not return for the rest of the night to take his humility.

Moral of the story is yes SM can make some interesting cars, more inexpensive
than you would think.

Brian Priebe