Re: Demographics Now

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Demographics Now
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:07:47 -0500
Mike CP58 writes:

<<<<Besides, when Porsches become a primary target for Sport Compact Car
magazine, THEN I'll agree with it..... As far as demographics are concerned,
the RX-7 people have WAY more right to complain than you......>>>

Is that what the big deal is here? One lousy article in some magazine? As
Roger keeps pointing out (over and over but still unheard), SM is not going
to attract a lot of  new faces. For the most part it is going to take people
from other classes because they are autocross junkies like you and me.
Proselytizing the masses is not going to happen unless you equip the
missionaries with free cocaine.

But I agree the RX7 should be included in a similar class. Probably not the
same class but a similar one. If people would get over their prejudices and
just class based on something simple (and empirical) like weight/hp then we
can move along to something more important, like the creation of a new mod
class for Formula Mazdas which are currently lumped into BM where they don't
have a chance in hell against Formula Atlantics.

Paul Foster