RE: One Lap

To: elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: One Lap
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 22:39:49
"Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org> wrote:

>I might consider doing it but I don't want that weird
>funk in the car that is unavoidable with living in a
>car for a 2 week road trip.  Right Arthur?  ;^)

The factory car that we were driving held up
fairly well inside.  Our team had hotels booked
near every track along the route, so we had plenty
of showers.  We also had a rotation of sponsor
t-shirts to be worn, and changed every few hours.
The only problem that I had was sweating on the
leather seats. I HATE leather seats!

It does bear mentioning that neither factory car
came back with a flawless windshield.  We drove
through 4 hail storms, and I think that all of
the required decals were the only thing that
saved the paint. :-)

If I were going to do it again, I'd consider the
claimer class.  Find a beater and just drive the snot
out of it.  I certainly wouldn't do it in my own
car.....

-Arthur ("Lap Dawg for hire" edition.)