Re: STS Tire Rules

To: "William Loring" <bloring@tirerack.com>,
Subject: Re: STS Tire Rules
From: "Roger Johnson" <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:33:20 -0400
1.)  Some of the activity I reference took place before the
inclusion of 13.3. B & D. in the rulebook.  Some well after.

2.)  13.3.D does not apply to STS.  And even if it did, YOU
prove that the tire sitting in front of a Nationals Protest
Committee doesn't have a treadwear rating of 140, when
the sidewall clearly says it does.

That is the whole point with this thread:
-We have been told that we have to have "R" tires in Stock (since 1983)
because rules against them are unenforceable.
-We were told, when they were created, that the rule-set for the ST group
of classes were for regional use and consistency only.
-To expect that we can suddenly enforce a minimum treadwear
rating of 140, on a National level, is naive.

Unfair?  Cheating?  You bet.  But if you make STS a National
class, these things can happen.

  Roger2