Re: Runoffs move & Nationals

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Runoffs move & Nationals
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:22:07 -0500
A rhetorical question:  (I'm undecided on this whole issue, just wanting
opinions)

Haven't the runoffs and the Solo II nationals grown to the point that there
is enough dedicated SCCA staff to work them both?  Maybe not the same week,
but close together shouldn't be an issue.

Also, is the SCCA staff we are talking about paid or volunteer?  For the
paid staff, isn't it their jobs?  I travel for work, and don't generally get
the choice of when I have to go (And I'm self employed) There is an issue
with volunteers, however...

The only possible issue that I can think off is tires...In my class (CP)
there are two tire compounds available, the softer of which is a distinct
advantage in colder temps.  Would moving to October create the situation
where I "HAD" to have both compounds to be competitive at Nationals.  This
isn't an expense I'm willing to bear, since the harder compound is much
longer lasting and has the same stick in warmer weather.

Just some thoughts...still undecided.

Dave