Re: Attn: B and M Dept.: Peru

To: autox@autox.team.net, NASA list <nasa-va_list@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: Attn: B and M Dept.: Peru
From: Karen Kraus <kiirenza@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:38:01 -0700
The Supreme Cheesehead ;) wrote :

>   While working the gate during the second of 4 run groups on Sunday, I
> watched no less than 5 competitors pack up and leave just after
> completing their first run group runs.  Not that it's any more of my
> business than everyone elses, but unless they had some kind of special
> permission, this surprised me considering the experience of the BFG
> competitors.  I trust that we will be seeing the DSQ's on the results?
> To those who left early (without dispensation of course)...I salute you.
>
> There, bitching done.

     As an event organizer, the fact that some people -- especially on the
regional level -- feel they are above working in some respect really irritates
me. At the last Virginia region NASA autocross, I had some people working two
and three times on
course, willingly, because some people were shirking their responsibility.
Fortunately for their times, most of the people who hadn't worked by the last
heat of the day got signed off by working the extra-long fun-run period and
helping to pick up the
course. But can you believe the *one* person who never lifted a finger (despite
standing right next to me when I was making a plea for volunteers for the
fourth heat) had the *nerve* to question why he was marked DFL in class and
overall with a "DNW"
(Did Not Work)???? This, despite the fact that it was repeatedly said during
the drivers' meeting, in the event supps, and during the calls for workers that
those who did not work would not get times or points for the event?
     I can understand someone needing to leave early and not work because they
are ill (I've come down with heat stroke part way through an event), or getting
someone else to do their work assignment for whatever reason. I will just never
understand
those who are too lazy to help out in any way. I guess I should be happy though
-- at least they aren't out on course sulking so much about having to help out
that they are ignoring knocked down cones and causing *more* work through
reruns. :|
     Sorry, but I just had to vent while the topic was "fresh."

Karen Kraus
1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (FS34)
NASA-Virginia Autocross Director

--

"You never get away, you only get someplace else."
     -- Lovka's Dilemma

"No matter what they're telling you, they're not telling you the whole truth."
     -- Todd's Principle

"The best view of your soul is from beyond the edge, looking back."
     -- No Fear

http://www.erols.com/kiirenza/trisk