Re: Streetable Autox Cars ('Bama laws)

To: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Subject: Re: Streetable Autox Cars ('Bama laws)
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:21:13 -0500
I don't think goggles would cut it.  The manual definitely said
windshield.

I haven't seen a spec cobra, so I can't even guess, but I think I've
seen guys with Plexiglas "windshields" on their buggies.  If you had a
full cage, you could fabricate a flat, removable sheet of something
clear (lexan?) and probably get away with it.

Remember, I'm not a lawyer, and haven't read all the motor vehicle regs,
but am just reporting on what the drivers' manual said and what I've
seen.  There may be a requirement for at least some identifiable part of
the car to be from a street-legal automobile sold in this country, maybe
a vin plate, for instance.

I'll try to find out more and report back on this.  Now my curiosity's
up a bit, too, and it would give me something to do while avoiding White
Knuckle Weekend at Talladega.

--
Chuck Schultz     /                       Mailto:n2pua4@peoplepc.com
                 / New Home page: http://www.n2pua4.webprovider.com/