Re: Last posting to team.net for Evolution

To: <Jkinser77@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Last posting to team.net for Evolution
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 00:09:59 -0500
From: Jkinser77@aol.com <Jkinser77@aol.com>

>Due to the posts against the school helping clubs advertise

Who cares?  The ONLY opinion concerning content on this list that counts is
that of Mark Bradakis.  The rest of you (and me, for that matter) can
blabber all you want about it, but Mark's word, if he decides to post, is
final.  HE owns this list.  YOU don't.   If you don't like that, start your
own list.  Freedom of the press applies to the guy who has the press.

Here is what Mark has stated as his policy:
are to discuss and share information about British cars or Auto-x, racing,
and related people, events, parts sources, technical info, etc.
2.  Participation and contribution of related businesses and their employees
in these discussions is quite welcome and valued.
3.  Beyond casual comments within ongoing discussions or occasional mention
external services, if a company wants to do business on the net, they should
not use these lists, but find other means to do so. Many readers do not want
to see commercial advertisements on the mailing lists, and will react
negativly to such "electronic junk mail".
4.  Republishing or using postings from a list or archive for commercial
purposes without permission of the author(s) may be a violation of various
copyrights, and is generally frowned upon. Most authors are happy to provide
permission to have specific postings published as long as they are asked.

As far as I am concerned, Jean can post all she wants about the school until
Mark tells her she is over the line on his rule number 3 in propotion to
rules number 1 and 2.  It's not my call.  And it is not yours.

Phil "sick of people hitchhiking on Mark's list picking on someone who has
done a lot for the sport" Ethier
Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.