Re: Noise complaints

To: "Mark Sirota" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Noise complaints
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:38:11 -0500
>Mark Sirota wrote:

>So here's the suggestions:
>(1) Philadelphia Region uses an FM broadcast to supplement our PA.
>It might be wise to use only the FM broadcast at this particular site.

Use the PA, but turn it down. Just enough the people close by can hear,
including drivers in grid. Supplment it with the FM (can people see the
event from the paddock so they can sit in their cars with the FM on?). Or
use the FM for running commentary, the PA only for calls to grid, etc.

>(2) Invite the neighbors to watch, participate, whatever.  Let them
>know ahead of time what's happening.  Obviously, we'd have to be
>careful about "non-participant spectators", insurance-wise.

No problem. They are not spectators. They are your "guests." They do have to
sign the waiver, though. Their status is essentially the same as some
driver's wife or crew.

(other good suggestions followed)

--Rocky.